Monday, January 3, 2011

Taking a Leap of Faith - Reading the Bible in 90 Days - Day 1

This is the first step in my 2011 resolution/commitment to discover my faith.
I've joined nearly 700 other online enthusiasts to read the entire Bible in 90 days. Today is day 1. Here is 
the bio I shared with others in my accountability group this morning.
To learn more about this awesome (read: free!) program, follow this link.

A year ago I accepted a part-time position as Director of Christian Education at my church where I’ve grown up (Fremont United Methodist Church). Over the last year I’ve come to realize I’ve simply followed in the footsteps of my parents and need to find the relevance of my own faith.
Even though I attend church regularly and volunteer where my gifts and talents are needed, I consider myself an infant in my Bible knowledge and Christian understanding. I’ve spent much of my time determining important adult studies for our church members but have discovered I’ve neglected my own needs. So here I am. Starting with the basics. Allowing myself to be vulnerable in my knowledge and understanding of faith, yet a leader of our church.
I made an attempt to read through the Bible throughout high school but mostly I skimmed the passages in an effort to cross this task off my list each night. Now that I’m a few years older (a-hem) I’m making a commitment to myself to dive in, learn and eventually share what I’ve learned with my family and others.
Oh yeah, I’m in my mid-30’s, live in beautiful western Michigan with my handsome husband, Ben, of 15 years and our two awesome boys – Corbin (9) and Owen (5).
I’m also passionate about leading a healthy lifestyle and am a certified Weight Watchers instructor. (80 pounds gone forever in 2006).
I’m looking forward to creating a spiritual network and anxious to discover God’s plans for me on this important faith adventure!
Healthy Blessings,
Sara Beth

3 comments:

  1. Dear Sara,
    I'm so glad the Lord brought us together for this great adventure. I look forward in getting to know you more.
    These are beautiful words from the heart, and I know our Heavenly Father hears your heart.
    Thank you so much for introducing your self to the group.
    ((hugs))
    Katia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stopping by to say hi and that I am praying for you.
    (((hugs))
    Katia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Katia! I'm still plugging away. Will check in with you Monday. Thanks for your prayers. They are helping!

    ReplyDelete