Tuesday, October 19, 2010

God-Spotter

One of my responsibilities on family road trips is to keep watch for big machines - tractors, construction equipment and other monstrous motorized oddities. I love to hear the delight from my two young boys and often my husband as we marvel at these machines - the bigger, the better.


Recently I was riding along with a new friend and she was passionately describing something to me when I glimpsed a mega-machine ahead. Immediately I interrupted her and pointed out the monstrous vehicle as I wondered what its purpose was. Suddenly I realized I had morphed into another role for another time and apologized for the interruption. By then we were both gazing at it and tried to guess its purpose. 

I found myself wishing my family were there to witness my "find" and wondered about its job. Its tires were huge!  It was painted construction yellow, had a cab on top, a cavernous bucket on the front and easily stood over four stories tall.


I couldn't help wonder how neat it would be if I had a look-out guide with me to point out acts of faith as they occur - regardless of their size. From a thumbs up for a job well done, to carrying groceries to the car or bringing someone flowers and other random acts of kindness, wouldn't it be neat to have our own God-Spotter?

Perhaps today you will become extra aware of faith in action - and maybe point it out to others. Perhaps you will even be the blessing someone has been praying for.

No comments:

Post a Comment